jeudi 3 juin 2010

Dream Hunters


Neil Gaiman is definitely one of my favourite writers. Not only his stories feed my own creativity in a very high level, the drawings on his books and comics are remarkable. And by being a great fan of Gaiman's work, I get to know some great illustrators, like the well-known Dave McKean or Mike Dringenberg.

This time I want to talk about one of these artists in particular:Yoshitaka Amano. He is Japanese, and I love his ability to translate so much culture and beauty into his drawings. He worked with Neil Gaiman in the book The Dream Hunters, a tale of a fox, a monk, love, a forest and some bad guys. And, of course, about him, Dream. Well, check out here a few pictures from the book. I hope I'll inspire anyone who never read it to do it promptly!






Now, I found out that Amano has published a book with ALL his works, called Amano: The Complete Prints of Yoshitaka Amano. I'm dying to buy it!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire